.

Friday, December 31, 2010

& Sometimes I'm Scared Like a Child...

Let me take a moment to be honest here... as 2010 ends and 2011 begins, I am scared to death. What am I afraid of, you ask? I'm terrified, TERRIFIED that I won't be accepted into a graduate program for this coming fall semester. I recently applied to seven Ph.D. programs and one Masters program in clinical psychology, and my entire soul resounds with the constant desire to be accepted into one, JUST ONE!!, program. My first choice is the Master's program. It's in Colorado, and I want to go there so badly I can taste it. People tell me not to worry, that I'll be fine, but I'm so sick of hearing that, because it's not necessarily true. It's more difficult to get into a Ph.D. program in clinical psychology than it is to get into MEDICAL school. The odds are against me. My GPA could be better, and my GRE scores are pretty terrible. There's nothing more I can do. But, I've already begun getting ready to consider applying to other psychology Master's programs with later application deadlines if I don't get into any of the ones I've already applied to. I don't want it to come to that, but I'll do just about anything it takes to get in. Oh, if only it were possible that wanting, praying, wishing, and hoping hard enough would get me in!! I knew that the waiting process to be called for interviews would be difficult, but what makes it worse is the fact that I have NO idea when to expect the interview calls! How long will I have to wait?!

No comments:

Post a Comment