.

Friday, February 3, 2012

My Journey Starts Here

It's been a long journey on this road, but I need a change...

I'm beginning my weight-loss journey. Actually that journey started during the summer, but now I'm REALLY working for it.

It won't be easy. It's going to hurt sometimes. I'm going to feel like I can't go on... But I will. I must. This is for me and no one else.

I've been going to the gym three days a week and upped it to four days a week this week, and I've been getting back to counting calories and working hard to eat better. This isn't a diet; it's a lifestyle change.

I have a long way to go, but I'm willing to put in the work. I've lost about 4-5ish pounds in the four weeks that I've been going to the gym so far. It seems better to look at it there in words than to feel the numbers ever-so-slowly ticking down each week on the scale. I have to remember to look at this in the grand scheme of things instead of wishing that it could be faster, easier, etc...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step," yes? Well, this is going to be one heck of a long, hard journey.

But I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment