.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Scary & Exciting

I've been using SparkPeople.com for tracking my calories, goals, etc. for my weight loss for a couple of weeks now. Tonight, I was playing around with the "goal weight" buttons where you input your goal weight and how many pounds a week you're trying to lose, and it calculates the date that you're expected to reach your goal weight...

And something shocking happened.

July 29, 2012. That's when I should be at my goal weight.

Sure, it's not guaranteed; it's not 100% certain that I'll lose weight at this rate the entire time. It could take longer... But at first, I thought I must have input something wrong or that I read the date wrong. Surely I can't possibly reach my goal weight this year, especially so soon! July is only 5 months away! No way I can reach my goal weight by then! Surely you mean 2013??

But no... July 29, 2012.

And you know what? That's just the motivation I needed. I can do this. It's hard now, and it's SUCH a slow process, but I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment